|site search by freefind|
This Bible stream looks at information related to our Statement of Faith points. Each Brook is one point from the Statement of Faith with related articles or videos. More articles may be added as we write on subjects directly related to one of these points. I would recommend you do no more than one brook a day and look up the related Scriptures.
1. We believe in the infallibility and inspiration of the original Holy Scriptures. 2 Tim. 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21
Learn how to study the Bible for yourself. These 20 short email lessons will show you how.
2. We believe in one true God who is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Eph. 4:4-6, 2 Cor. 5:19
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His vicarious and atoning death, burial, and bodily resurrection and ascension.
4. We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace alone through faith in the perfect, sufficient work of Jesus Christ in the shedding of His blood at the cross of Calvary. Eph. 1:7, Col. 1:14
This course will help you appreciate what Jesus did for you and what you have in Him. It is part of a larger course called The Love Covenants. You will need to register for The Love Covenants in order to access The Making Of A Blood Covenant information. Registration is free.
5. We believe in the personal, physical, post-millennial return of Jesus Christ and the translation of His Saints to consummate His Kingdom. 1 Thes. 4:14-17, Acts 1:11, Rev. 1:7
It should be noted that there is a lot of disagreement among Christians as to the details of the Return of Jesus. True Christians all believe that Jesus will one day physically return to the earth, but we should accept other differences in God’s love and keep the unity of the faith.
6. We believe in the eternal life of the believer and the eternal punishment of the unbeliever. John 3:16, John 10:27-29, Rev. 20:5
7. We believe in the continuing validity of Biblical law as the righteous standard of God for the judgment of sinners and the method of sanctification used by the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers. Matt. 5:17-18, 7:12, Rom. 7:7, 1 Tim. 1:8
This course explains the basics of how God’s Law works in today’s society and how it works together with grace and love.
8. We believe in the total sovereignty of God and the responsibility of man. We believe that both are true without contradiction and without compromising the justice and righteousness of God. Rom. 9
9. We believe the world was created about 6,000 years ago, in six 24 hour days as described in Genesis 1 & 2. Science, properly understood, confirms this although science can never overrule Scripture.
10. We believe that the only sexual union permitted is that of a man and a woman within the marriage covenant. Within this covenantal union, sex is good, pure, and enjoyable. Outside the marriage covenant, it is immoral and ultimately leads to death and destruction. Gen. 2:24, Heb. 13:4, Rom. 1, Pr. 2:16-19
Marriage Relationships Video Wilson